Sunday, March 10, 2013

Six pounds!!!

The boy has put on SIX POUNDS since his last weight check six weeks ago.

I know that doesn't seem like much, especially to those of us who are prone to weight gain. But I've been struggling to get him back on the growth charts since he was about three. He's still about ten pounds shy of fifth percentile, but getting this boy to put on ANY weight is a challenging process! I'm glad for the six pounds he did manage.

Here's what we're doing differently:
Checking weight every six weeks or so
Tracking every. Single. Thing I feed him
More food at breakfast: instead of just oatmeal with fruit or yogurt, now he gets oatmeal with bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese, and Greek yogurt mixed in.
As much protein as he will tolerate - he doesn't care for hamburger or beef, but he likes chicken and turkey and he gets fish twice a week
Smoothies when it’s warm enough
Bacon fat or olive oil in as much as I can sneak it into
Coconut milk in his cereal (dairy and soy milk upset his stomach)
Three meals and two snacks a day. Kid eats more than I do.


 I’ve been looking for a homemade Pediasure recipe that I can make without dairy or soy milk, but so far no luck finding a recipe he likes. Still looking around, playing with recipes here and there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.